Thursday, April 1, 2010

cute overload.

oh man, did any of you new yorkers catch she & him at the bowery ballroom this week? i got to see this absurdly adorable duo on tuesday and the show was like a gigantic ray of sunshine in the midst of a dreary, drenching rainstorm. seriously, it was one of the happiest performances i’ve been to in ages. zooey bounced around with her perfect hair (which is even longer and more enviable than usual!) and made me decide i need a tambourine? they had a totally rockin’ band and the lovely chapin sisters sang back-up but the tune that truly sent chills down my spine was when zooey and matt took the stage alone and played you really got a hold on me (my extreme love for which i can trace back to one of my fave movies of the 90s…mermaids!!). i think i literally swooned. i can’t find a vid of it from the show i was at, but i found this rendition that’s almost as awesome. cutest. band. evz.




image via gorillavsbear

7 comments:

Mallory said...

Jealousy. I'm so disappointed that they're not coming to Boston (because they obviously wouldn't actually come to Maine - no one does, but Boston - yes).

Every Little Counts said...

i love that song!

Kate said...

awww, they are the best and so fun live! so glad you had fun.i totally own a tambourine and you DEF need one! hope your trip to cali was a good one!
xo
kate

Taylor Sterling said...

gosh I love her and her voice!

Vanessa said...

Jealous. Like, a lot.

idée_géniale said...

Oh I saw them on the monday show and yes, LOVED it! Funny, after the show i was like, um, can I get myself a tamborine for coachella??hehe.

Kelly said...

I adore this song as well. And Zooey's hair! Ugh! So perfect.

-Kelly
Sequins & Shadows