Thursday, August 5, 2010

a kiss about palm trees speeding by...

i'm kind of obsessed with francesca lia block's weetzie bat. and i have been since i devoured it way way way way way back in 1990. i remember reading about the book's awesomeness in sassy magazine and making my dad take me to the library so i could check it out. it has stayed with me ever since. so it goes without saying that i am also kind of obsessed with this weetzie-inspired photo shoot that the wildfox girls just did. (which totally has flb's blessing, btw.) i have the sudden urge to drive down sunset in a 1965 t-bird and eat an oki-dog and dig my toes in the sand by the sea and have magical shangri-l.a. adventures. soon. soon!





10 comments:

Bunberry said...

This post is beyond exciting. The Weetzie Bat series is my go-to book when I'm feeling uninspired. Thanks for sharing the photo shoot!

evencleveland said...

I think I read the same Sassy article ... all of my friends passed around one copy of the Weetzie Bat books because the library was too square to have them. Ah, those were the days!

Every Little Counts said...

i am seriously depressed that i did not think of this first. i'm a little crushed. definitely crushed.

although, i guess i'm happy to be seeing so much weetzie and flb love out there right now. weetzie lives on!

Ariel said...

i remember checking that book out from the library when i was a kid because the cover was really cool but i never read it :(

D&D said...

she so cool it hurts.
loved those books!

Lexie said...

i loooved FLB when i was in high school. need to reread asap.

A Beautiful Party said...

oh wow! I just got cold chills. I always thought Weetzie Bat was my little secret that I stumbled upon. Glad to know there is a whole awesome community that celebrates her.

julia said...

Love those books! I find I can keep going back to them again and again, even if I first read them back in middle school! :)

Danielle said...

YES! Those books were so wonderful.

-Danielle
http://daniellemsolomon.blogspot.com

emily said...

i love your hairstyles baby
https://www.mrkidshaircuts.com/toddler-haircuts-girl/