Tuesday, September 1, 2009

su-su-su-sugar town.


i've had this song in my head since i saw (500) days of summer. and that was a loooong time ago. so i was stoked when my friend ali posted the vid on fb. man, nancy sinatra could really rock a bare midriff, huh? i love that her shrug has a bewitched sound effect and is she floating down to earth in the re/max logo? mabes? anyway. this video's cute and all, but what i REEEAAALLY flipped out about is this ye olde clip i found in the youtube timesuck sidebar. and i'm feelin' it for a number of reasons. 1. nancy was a brunette? that totally upends my notion of reality. 2. where can i get a crew of perky, white-trousered men to dance around me as i go about my business? and 3. THAT SUIT. it's decided. tuxedo jacket or not, i need a snappy suit in my life. and a pair of white brogues (or are they loafers? can't tell, don't care!).

2 comments:

{Tara} said...

Isn't she just too cute?? I am obsessed with her duets with Lee Hazelwood, particularly "Summer wine"...so good!!

Alisande said...

Oh i'm so excited you posted these on herelisa. hope you're well! ali xxxx