Friday, January 8, 2010

keyed in.

after just lamenting the loss of one super girl group, i got to catch another in action: au revoir simone pretty much killed it at the highline last night. Not only did they harmonize their hearts out under winter wonderland high school-dance style decorations and fake snow flurries, they did it while wearing erin fetherston ice princess tutu dresses. whaaaat. it was all so charming i could overlook the, like, 45 minute wait for them to start their set. and when they brought out the gal from class actress and opener alexa wilding for an a cappella version of kylie minogue's "can't get you out of my head," well, all was forgiven. j'adore!

5 comments:

{Tara} said...

Oh...so jealous! Damn, I miss NY sometimes. Only sometimes ;)

caroline duke said...

well doesn't that sound awesome. jealous.

Every Little Counts said...

i love them. i love their whole thing...they do it so well. now i'm sad i missed this show!

Kate said...

shut up, I was going to go to this show but decided last minute I'm an old lady and hate going to concerts as of late. If I hadn't seen them last year I would have, but if I'd known you were going that would have sweetened the deal!

P R I M O E Z A said...

that gig sounds like heaven!!