Thursday, October 8, 2009

and now for something completely different.

it was 40 years ago today that the first episode of monty python's flying circus aired and what can i say? i love me some monty python. thanks to my brit heritage, i was practically raised on that stuff. i can probably recite the holy grail in its entirety. and john cleese? don't even get me started on his genius (fawlty towers?! i die. diiiiieeee.). even better? he's totally nice and hilarious irl too. thanks to my first job outta college i've fetched him many a triple soy latte and he's even seen my bare feet thanks to a slightly embarrassing p.a. duty i had to perform. how could he not be awesome, the man invented silly walks. i mean C'MON. to the pythons!! way to be a laugh riot guys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more. The British really are the best when it comes to comedy. I think if we look at the family tree of comedy it probably starts with Charlie Chaplin and then goes to Peter Sellers (The Pink Panther), and like you mentioned Monty Python. I think all great comedy is some variation on one of these legends.

Ikveinsan said...

I enjoyyed reading your post