Wednesday, November 4, 2009

don't hate the layer.

ever since the fall weather hit, i've encountered a serious problem: i have NOTHING to wear. so my mornings go a little something like this: first i stand in front of my closet for an inordinate amount of time. then i flop on my bed and whine (extremely loudly to make sure caroline can feel my pain) "i have nothing to weeeeeaaaaar." then i glance longingly at my cut-off shorts and sun dresses and wax nostalgic about the ease of summer dressing. then i dawdle for a long time (brushing my teeth, petting pinky, checking my email) and with 5 minutes left to get ready i throw on the same skinnies, boots, t-shirt, and jacket that i wear every other day. you know what my issue is? i don't know how to LAYER!! i am totally missing that gene. so i'm hoping it's something i can train myself to do. lesson number one: take a clue from these ladies. and get a scarf. that seems to be key.images via the sartorialist and copenhagenstreetstyle

7 comments:

Rebecca (Dog-Eared) said...

i've been wearing cardigans for the past month. love 'em.

Welcome! said...

ms. lisa i have MET you and you are an ADORABLE dresser. although, i totally understand your pain. i would suggest cardigans, scarves, long/thin t-shirts that you can layer from madewell or urban and some jackets. i'm sure you have the stuff already in your closet, it's just about putting it together. good luck! xx

{Tara} said...

When I lived in New York I had to learn the layering trick...I HATE the cold passionately! So, while I rarely look alluring in the winter [i.e. I look like a stay-puff marshmallow], I have learned to be comfy and cozy with lots of scarves, and multiple sweater layers that I can remove if necessary.

samantha hahn said...

boy are you a cali girl!!! Lamenting this cool lovely weather! I'm the opposite. I relish layers.

Kerri Lynne said...

we're in the same boat, if that's any consolation!

mosey said...

I've recently realized that layering is much easier to accomplish w/ loosey v-neck cardigans and scarves.

sunkentreasure said...

I love that streetstyle blog, the pics are always so nice, everyone looks stunning :-)